–Pick a topic related to the theme (e.g.. Save forest, kill mosquitoes, save singlish, stop pollution etc.)
–Write a copy (text which goes on poster) of not more than 150 words
–Design the poster such that it coveys the meaning through layout (placement of visual elements - photos, text, graphics elements etc)
–Size of the artwork: A3
–Submissions should be in the form of colour print out
Objectives:
–Understanding the importance of basic visual elements and design principles in communicating a message
–Developing necessary techniques to communicate the message through form
My hasty first draft
I admit it was a rush job , I was toying around with the idea throughout the whole weekend but only sat my ass down on Sunday to turn my thoughts into something concrete ... After a round of constructive criticism , I came up with this ...

Red on black brings out the words IMO , added the black background to contrast with the middle section to bring focus to my gory picture . First attempt I was trying to use the white starkness to draw attention to the picture but the words didnt turn out good and too much negative space maybe? So I bordered up the image , did a super obvious colour contrast and added some smudges on the title to up the gore factor ... People are attracted to look at gory pictures and that's the visual element I'm banking on...
I think the font is okay , contary to what people think , it looks mangled and not clean cut which fits my general idea. And I split up the title to "Stop self" at top and "Mutilation" at bottom to sort of act as a second frame for my image , shifting everything together will decentralise the image and make distribution uneven. That's about it!
I think the font is okay , contary to what people think , it looks mangled and not clean cut which fits my general idea. And I split up the title to "Stop self" at top and "Mutilation" at bottom to sort of act as a second frame for my image , shifting everything together will decentralise the image and make distribution uneven. That's about it!

No comments:
Post a Comment