


Just a few pages to illustrate what we did. Colin gave Kitty artistic direction while I thought of rhyming phrases , the entire draft was done in 2 days. After editing + colour ...

=)
Added a maze at the end as an addon, creating the maze in 2 hrs was pretty fun and challenging.
For some reason the images are turning out in psychedelic colours so I'll refrain from posting the entire product .
Book design was extremely time-consuming. We wanted to make hardcover, but hardcover would take 3-4 days and we did not have 3-4 days. So at the suggestion of a boss there, I decided to do DIY hardcover. Basically take mounting board as your hardcover, print coverpage+back in sticker format and paste on. Then there was the content , I had to figure out a way to stick it on the hardcover. I went with binding screws, it makes the book look like a file but who says storybooks have to be conventional lol ... Kitty and I went to print and after some complex assembly ...
The cover is too big for the content , which means I have to make another trip down to correct it. I've added a few more ideas as well, mainly a bookmark and some publishing info to make it look realistic. Plus I wrote "SDG $8.80" at the back which was spotted immediately by the boss lol ... After tomorrow , NO MORE NM2208!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment